Goddard Center Employment
Applicants must apply online with Indeed.
Please, do not call the Goddard Center Office.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Updated August, 2021
· Thorough knowledge of QuickBooks, Excel, Word, Google Suite, etc.
· Twice a Month Collect Time Sheets. Calculate the Hours Employees Have Worked and any Annual and Sick Leave. Write and Print Payroll Checks.
· Show invoices and statements to Executive Director for approval for payment.
· Transfer the QuickBooks file to/from the Center’s Accountants as needed.
· Determine the proper accounts and line items and obtain receipts for Accounts Payable, write and print checks for accounts payable. Get Exec. Board member to sign checks, mail or distribute checks.
· Keep up-to-date record of Petty Cash. Make Petty Cash entries throughout each month into QuickBooks and reconcile petty cash in QuickBooks with the cash on hand each Month.
· Coordinate with the Board Treasurer on the transfer of funds from the Art Trust to the Center’s checking accounts.
· Throughout the month fill out deposit slips for Goddard Center accounts and give to Executive Director for deposit using QuickBooks deposit forms
· Enter all Credit Card deposits in the Operating Account of QuickBooks
· Obtain Square Up reports, and make deposit entries in QuickBooks for specified budget line item
· Each month make copies from the Internet of the Bank Statements and the Deposit Statements for the five Goddard Center Bank Accounts and take them to our accountants, Smith, Carney to prepare the monthly Financial Statements.
· Once a month take information for making journal entries to our accountants. Take any other information needed by the accountants to prepare Financials.
· Acting as the Corporate Secretary, prepare the minutes each month for the Primary Board meeting and email or mail this information to the Board members along with other documents determined by the E.D. Attend the monthly Primary Board meeting and take minutes. Not an actual Board Member.
· Acting as the Corporate Secretary, prepare the agenda and minutes for the Hosting Committee meeting and email or mail this information to the members. Attend the Hosting Committee meetings and take notes for the minutes. Not an actual Committee member.
· Attend other Goddard Center meetings and take minutes when necessary.
· Make suggestions to help the Director prepare the fiscal year budget.
· Assemble and record financial information for Grant writing.
· Gather the necessary information to complete the reports for Workman’s Comp and Charitable Registration.
· Perform general clerical duties such as copying, faxing, mailing, etc. Answer financial questions and gather financial information when needed.
· Assist at performances, fundraisers and special events.
· Count income along with one other staff member, make deposit slips through QuickBooks and give to E. D. to deposit funds, and prepare a Financial Report of expenses and income for fundraisers and special events.
· Responsible for all the filing of a variety of financial records, and employee records
· When needed, answer the phone and take messages, check voice messages, and help patrons that come to the office.
· Assist other staff members as needed
· Attend staff meetings.
· Other duties as assigned by the Director.
· All staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19
· All applicants will undergo a background check
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $20.00 per hour
All staff are required to be vaccinated, masks will be worn in the office around the public and at large events per the current CDC guidelines.